Planning a travel adventure? You don’t have to spend thousands of pounds on photographic equipment to achieve decent photo quality. In fact, a compact Olympus camera will give you uncompromising image quality and control without the inconvenience of lugging around a weighty (and expensive) kit. Share your memories with family and friends and photograph every aspect of your trip beautifully with these helpful travel photo tips.
Photographing Your Travel Adventure With Olympus
From takeoff to historic monument, serene landscape and beyond, with this step-by-step guide you’re bound to perfect your travel photos.
- Don’t just point-and-shoot – You may only be armed with a robust, multi-function compact, but your photos needn’t give away what equipment you’re using. If you just put a fraction more thought into every shot you take, you’ll see a huge improvement in your travel photos (and give viewers something far more interesting to look at!).
The next time you photograph a famous monument with your Olympus camera
, don’t just capture it from an angle we’re all familiar with, instead:
- zoom in to find interesting detail
- take it from a different angle (even if it means lying down on the floor)
- focus on something else in the foreground (such as another spectator).
Of course get a couple of those more recognisable images too, but don’t be afraid to get creative as well!
- Give light the attention it deserves – Light is incredibly significant in photography. No matter how good a travel photographer you are, when you’re outdoors and armed with only a compact camera (no flash, no other photographic accessories), you’re completely at the mercy of the sun, the moon and the stars. The “golden hour” (the period shortly after sunrise or before sunset) is called as such because it really does offer the best photographs. The day before, check out what times sunrise and sunset are in the area and set your alarm early (trust us, it’s worth it)!
- Give your travel photos life – It can be incredibly boring going through an album of grey historic monument photographs. To give your collection some life and take great travel photos, take landscape shots, street scenes, portraits photos of strangers you meet along the way (with their permission of course), capture local cuisine, bustling markets and tell a story with your photos!
Get Your Olympus Camera at SRS
Look no further than SRS for cameras from Olympus. With over 3 decades of experience offering unparalleled customer service, great prices on all of our photographic equipment (including great finance options), you can count on SRS to deliver!
If you would like any further information about our products, get in touch with our friendly team of experts at 01923 226602, or email email@example.com.