Whether you’re a landscape photographer who’s perfectly familiar with dragging themselves out of bed at 4am to get that one glorious shot at sunset, or you prefer to capture the excitement and colour of a midday street scene, it is common knowledge amongst pros that a quality, high-end lens goes a long way.
We’ve a fantastic range of photographic products from leading brands here at SRS Microsystems, from Manfrotto tripods to PENTAX lenses and much more, and while we do sell a range of lenses to suit different requirements, these are some of the world’s most expensive!
5 Incredibly Valuable Lenses For Your Camera
- Leica 1600mm f/5.6 Telephoto Lens, $2,000,000 (£132,763.78) – This lens, which is Leica’s heaviest and longest (at 1.2 metres) telephoto lens, was designed purely for the now deceased R-series of manual focus SLR cameras. It was made on special order and delivered back in 2006 to Qatari royal relative and former Minister of Culture for Qatar, Sheikh Saud Bin Mohammed Bin Ali Al-Thani. He was renowned for his prolific art collecting, and in a rare interview in 2004 with Georgina Adams for The Art Newspaper, he commented “I don’t feel I have to compete for every object. But when a great work of art comes up for sale, it is never too expensive.”
- Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens: $160,000 (106,211.02) – Nikkor is Nikon’s own brand of camera lenses, and this rare fisheye lens, which can be viewed in this YouTube clip, has a 220 degree picture view. In other words, it can see behind itself! While we’d be worried about bumping into somebody with this huge (expensive) lens, it is exceptionally cool!
- Canon EF 1200mm f5.6L USM £99,000 – Again, this is a very rare, super telephoto lens, that was available by special order from canon in the ‘90s. In fact, it’s the longest fixed telephoto lens in the world with auto focus. While technology has come on leaps and bounds since this monster was in production (portability is a big issue!), a second-hand one emerged onto the UK market in 2014.
- Sigma 200-500mm f2.8 APO: $25,999 (£17,258.63) – The first large-aperture ultra telephoto zoom lens with an F2.8 aperture and 500mm focal length, this army-green lens shoots impeccable astronomical, wildlife and portrait photographs, amongst other types of photography.
- Nikon 800mm f/5.6 FL ED VR: $17,896.95 (£11880.33) – Designed for wildlife and sports photographers, this 800mm lens by Nikkor is one of the first of its kind, since it has fluorite elements (note the “FL” in the name). Previously, Nikkor only used FL in its medical (microscopic) lenses, though the jury’s out on whether or not its image quality justifies its price!
Have a more modest budget? Whatever your price range, our extensive collection of professional camera lenses here at SRS - from PENTAX lenses under £50, to the Nikon AF-S 400mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikkor Lens at £10,399.00 (all prices correct at time of publication) – are sure to offer superb results for every photographer!
Discover PENTAX Lenses From SRS
Ready to get the most out of your camera? Take a look at our fantastic range of lenses by PENTAX, Nikon and more world renowned brands at SRS. If you would like more information about our products, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Call our experienced team on 01923 226602 today, or email email@example.com.